Senior Attorney & President of Law Offices BJ Fadem & Associates, APC.
B J Fadem & Associates, APC is a Certified Family Law Specialist
Senior Attorney & President of Law Offices BJ Fadem & Associates, APC.
B J Fadem Attorney At Law, started practicing Law in 1985 and became Certified as a Specialist in Family Law by the State Bar of California 2 decades ago. He is also a Certified Specialist as an International Mediator by UC Hastings Law School. And an Adjunct Professor at Santa Clara Law School. B J Fadem, is not only passionate about Family Law he embraces Family Law.
The Law Offices of B J Fadem & Associates was founded in 1991. However, this career followed his previous incarnations with the San Jose Police Department, an Insurance Investigator, a Pre-Trial Release Specialist, and a musician.
The Law Offices of B J Fadem & Associates incorporates all aspects of Family Law and B J Fadem is one of very few Attorneys in California that specializes in Palimony, International and Interstate domestic cases, including Hague Child Abduction, International Jurisdiction and matters of Uniformed Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act Matters.
B J Fadem is dedicated and committed to not only the practice of Law but the applications of the Law in representing the legal rights and protections of all citizens.
In 2017, while a member of the Family Law Executive Committee for the State Bar of California, B J Fadem Co-Authored and was instrumental in implementing new legislation that established emergency jurisdiction over Custody and property matters pending a transfer of case due to a change of venue.
B J Fadem has written several articles for the California State Bar Family Law Section publication; as well as being a contributing author for several publications issued by the NBI [the National Business Institute].
B J Fadem understands that Family Law is a very personal, very emotional, very sensitive and may be a very complicated issue for all involved. As an advocate for so many through Mediations, as Private Judge, Settlements or Trials; his true successes have been the many many battles won for his Clients.
Even though B J Fadem devoted his career to Family Law and the dissolution of many partnerships and marriages over the last 3 decades, he is very much a dedicated family man in his personal life.
• Divorce Law Guide From A to Z 2015
• Divorce Case From Start to Finish for Paralegals 2014
• Divorce Litigation from Start to Finish 2013
• Family Law From A to Z 2012
• Member of the San Jose Independent Police Auditor Advisory Commission-Appointed by Retired Judge LaDoris Cordel
• Vice President of the Santa Clara County Family Law Attorney Emeritus Committee
• Coordinator of the Santa Clara County Teen Orientation Team
• Member of the Santa Clara County Bar Association Family Law Section Strategic Planning Committee
• Delegate of the Santa Clara County Conference of Delegates
• Co-Chair of the Santa Clara County Family Law Section Legislation Committee
• Member of the Santa Clara County Bar Family Law Executive Board
• Chair of the Santa Clara County Bar Association Family Law Section Education Committee
• Member of the Santa Clara County Minors Counsel Committee
• Member of the Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
• United States Hague Attorney Network
• BAYMEC-Board Member and Co-Chair of the Policy Committee
• Chair-Santa Clara County Bar Association Family Law Section LGBTQI+ Committee
• Chair-Diversity Committee for the Santa Clara County Bar Association
• Member of executive Committee of Santa Clara County Bar Association
• Santa Clara County Bar Association Board of Trustee
• Frequent Guest of “Your Legal Rights”, on KALW 91.5 NPR for the Bay Area, California
• Liaison to FLEXCOM 2017 to Present
• Adjunct Professor at Santa Clara Law School, California
• Member of Inns of Court
• Former San Jose Police Officer
• FLEXCOM 2014-2017
• Former Chair of the Santa Clara County Bar Association Family Law Section
• Former member of the Board of Legal Specialization of the State Bar of California
• Former member of the Family Law Executive Committee of the State Bar of California
• Former member of the Judiciary Committee for Santa Clara County Bar Association
• The Henry Collada Award 2014 – Santa Clara County
• Top Trial Attorney
• American Society of International Law
• Santa Clara County Pro Bono Project
• Santa Clara County Award of Appreciation
• Vanguard Award
Patricia M Zerbini is an enthusiastic Attorney who graduated from the University of California Santa Cruz with double major in Politics and Legal Studies. With her commitment to her community, Patricia decided to enroll in Law School at Golden Gate University School of Law in order to gain the legal knowledge and know how to help those around her.
Patricia Zerbini is an enthusiastic Attorney who worked as a Contract Attorney for the San Mateo County Family Law Facilitators Office, where she had interned during law school. Patricia enjoyed working with the public on a daily basis, helping those in need of Divorce or with other Family Law related orders, such as Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Custody and Visitation, Support issues, and even helping individuals who needed to respond to such requests or demands.
Patiricia Zerbini was later hired as an Attorney with the Law Office of William R. Parks practicing Bankruptcy Law. There, Patricia Zerbini worked with clients everyday helping them to master their finances and start fresh wherever possible. Bankruptcy Law has now become one of Patricia’s career passions as it allows Patricia to see immediate results in the quality of life her clients lead. Unfortunately, Mr. William R. Parks passed away and Patricia was asked by many of the clients to continue working on their cases. Seeing Patricia’s dedication to excellence, B J Fadem hired Patricia to join his Law Firm.
Patricia Zerbini has shown her aptitude for understanding complex International Law and Jurisdiction issues such as applications and Trials under The Hague Convention of the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction, the Hague Convention on the Service Abroad of Judicial and Extrajudicial Documents in Civil or Commercial Matters, disputes under the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act, etc. With her background in Bankruptcy, Patricia is also able to easily wade through financial documents in high asset Divorce cases and find discrepancies in breach of fiduciary duty disputes finding hidden assets and accounts.
Coming from a divorced middle-to-low-class family herself, Patricia Zerbini understands that life is not always easy, and that sometimes, struggling families just need a helping hand to get back on track.
Patricia Zerbini was born and raised in the Bay Area. Patricia’s Father is from Uruguay, a small South American Country, and her mother is from a small island in Honduras, central America. Growing up, Patricia able to mesh these two very different cultures with growing up in the United States and has come away a mate drinker [a traditional South American Caffeine-Rich Tea], avid soccer and San Francisco Giants baseball fan, and a Disney geek fanatic. In her spare time, when the San Francisco Giants are not playing, you can find Patricia with her 5 children either exploring a museum or out in nature hiking, fishing, or camping.
Scott A. Reno is a proud East Bay Area native-born and raised in Livermore, California. In 2013, Scott Reno graduated Magna Cum Laude from San Diego State University with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with a minor in Psychology.
Scott Reno received his Juris Doctorateat from Santa Clara University School of Law. While in Law School, Scott Reno was highly active in both the Santa Clara Family Law and Social Justice programs, where he served as President of the Santa Clara University Family Law Society and dedicating his time to assisting low-income litigants to obtain legal guidance and representation for their Family Law matters.
During his first summer of law school, Scott Reno worked full time at the San Mateo County Law Facilitators Office in Redwood City Courthouse where he assisted with an average of 10-12 individual cases each day and assisted in the preparation of Domestic Violence Restraining Orders for Pro Per litigants at Trial. Inspired by his work Scott Reno worked full time at Bay Area Legal Aid in Redwood City for his second summer of law school.
During his time there Scott Reno conducted several weekly Domestic Violence Restraining Order clinics helping Domestic Violence survivors prepare and file Restraining Orders. Scott Reno also provided legal representation in Court for Domestic Violence survivors as a Certified Law Student.
In his final year in law school, Scott Reno worked as a Law Clerk for prominent local Family Law firm, where he gained valuable private practice experience involving formal discovery and complex financial issues in addition to continuing his work on Child Custody and Domestic Violence.
Scott Reno joined the Law Offices of B J Fadem & Associates in the summer of 2016 where he served as a Law Clerk before being promoted to Associate Attorney upon his passage off the California Bar Examination.
In his spare time, Scott enjoys playing video games, watching movies, and playing guitar and singing with friends. Scott is an avid bay area sports fan, notably the Oakland Athletics, San Jose Sharks, and Golden State Warriors.