The Law Offices of

B J Fadem & Associates, APC

Certified Family Law Specialist

If you are going through a DivorceSpousal Support may be one the legal issues to be considered. The State of California has guidelines as to how much and how long Spousal Support is considered. Our Attorneys with years of experience will help you whether you are to receive or be giving Spousal Support.

Common questions are:

Am I entitled to Spousal Support?
It depends on many factors: There is temporary Spousal Support and long term / post judgment Spousal Support.

Am I entitled to long term Spousal Support?
Long term Spousal Support is based on numerous factors including but not limited to, the marital standard of living, ability, length of marriage and need.

How long will I have to pay Spousal Support?
It is the policy in the State of California for divorcing parties to become financially independent from each other within a reasonable time.  There is a presumption that that time is 1/2 the length of the marriage.  However, this is not written in stone and is based on numerous factors.

If it appears that one partner has been hiding money, it may require the assistance of a forensic CPA to help uncover the location of those assets.

When you consult with our Family Law Firm, you will be getting:

  • Legal advice and counsel based on 29 years of experience
  • A Certified Specialist in Family Law by the State of California
  • Access to any outside resources needed such as psychologists, analysts, investigators, forensics CPA
  • A welcoming, child friendly office filled with toys
  • Attorneys who are well respected by many Judges in many counties and within the legal community

Can your Law Firm file our Legal documents and/or represent me in any County?
Yes.  We can file in all California Counties and cities, including but not limited to: Alameda County, Alpine County, Amador County, Butte County, Calaveras County, Colusa County, Contra Costa County, Del Norte County, El Dorado County, Fresno County, Glenn County, Humbolt County, Inyo County, King County, Lake County, Lassen County, Madera County, Marin County, Mariposa County, Mendocino County, Merced County, Modoc County, Mono County, Monterey County, Napa County, Nevada County, Placer County, Plumas County, Sacramento County, San Benito County, San Francisco County, San Joaquin County, San Mateo County, Santa Clara County, Santa Cruz County, Shasta County, Sierra County, Siskiyou County, Solano County, Sonoma County, Stanislaus County, Sutter County, Tehama County, Trinity County, Tulare County, Tuolumne County, Yolo County, and Yuba County.  In addition,  B J Fadem has represented hundreds of clients throughout California, the United States and foreign countries [with regard to Hague matters].


Seeking sound legal counsel with regard to Child Support is a very important decision.  Making the wrong or uninformed decision could cost you your family.  Helping families is what Attorney B J Fadem does.


Our Attorneys are skilled at helping clients with Child Support legal issues and making the process as civil and polite as possible. We hope that your case will go to Mediation first or to a Settlement Conference. This will save you both time and money. However, if the Opposing Side does not hold these ideals in high regard, we will be prepared to litigate at trial.


Your issue may be time sensitive.

Please contact our office to set-up your Initial Consultation.

Please read the FAQs prior to your Initial Consultation.

Se habla Espanola

‘It just takes a call’