Family Law, Experts in defending those you love. Find out more We are here for you. 'IT JUST TAKES A CALL' Set your sights on the Future Experts in family law. Working for you Contact us Advice Expert Legal when you need it


B J Fadem & Associates, APC is a Certified Family Law Specialist

Has the Mother, Father or Legal Guardian of your child[ren] taken the Law into their own hands and abducted your child[ren]; fleeing the country of residence only to attempt to establish a residence in another country out of anger, revenge or with no regard for your child[ren’s] welfare? In this, day and age, unfortunately, International Child Abduction by one parent or Legal Guardian out of the country of residency is not uncommon. You are not alone in this terrible misfortunate nightmare. Or have you relocated with the children to another country [or to the U.S.] out of fear or with the consent of the other parent who now denies such consent? The legal issue regarding the ‘Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction’, also known as the ‘Hague Convention’, can be very complicated.

Attorney B J Fadem, with over 3 decades experience in Family Law understands the unique and complex procedures and process regarding International Jurisdiction. Depending on your situation, this can be a very complicated situation and there are many factors to be established and that apply to your situation. Furthermore, it can be a very long, complicated legal process.

Time is very important. Our Law Firm has established a network of experts from Washington DC, USA and throughout numerous countries around the world to assist in International Child Abduction and Jurisdiction legal cases over many years of successful Family reconnections.

The ‘Hague Convention’ is a treaty that many [but not all] countries have agreed to abide to, with regard to honoring each other’s Court Orders as well as assure the prompt return of a child[ren] wrongfully removed from their habitual country. Removal of a child[ren] is governed by the Courts of the countries who honor the ‘Hague Convention Treaty’. Neither party shall remove the minor child[ren] of the parties from the country for the purpose of changing the residence of the child[ren] permanently to a location outside of the country of residence, without the express consent of the other party, or with leave of the Court. To do so, a party must establish that the reason for leaving is bona fide and that he or she is planning to move in good faith and not for the purpose of undermining the Visitation arrangements existing between the child[ren] and the other party, and that the removal of the child[ren] to the new location will not be detritus to the best interests of the child[ren].

The ‘Hague Convention Treaty’ does not always protect a child[ren] taken out of the USA. The country where the child[ren] has been taken may not be a member of the ‘Hague Convention Treaty’. Even if they are, the hearing pursuant to the ‘Hague Convention Treaty’ can be deliberately delayed.
Your case may be Appealed, depending on specific issues. This is where Time is of the essence.

Your issue may be time sensitive, please contact our Law Firm to set-up your Initial Consultation.

Please read the FAQs’ prior to your Initial Consultation.

We file in all California Counties and Cities. In addition, B J Fadem represents Clients throughout California, the United States and foreign countries with regard to Hague Matters.


    Schedule a Consultation

    The information provided on this site is for general information purposes only. The information you obtain at this website is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your own individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Use of this website or submission of an online form, does not create an attorney-client relationship.The hiring of an attorney in California is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements, informational videos, or an internet website. Before you decide which attorney to hire for your case. Before you decide which Attorney to hire you for your case, contact us today for more information.