The Law Offices of

B J Fadem & Associates, APC

Certified Family Law Specialist

Child Abduction by one parent is, unfortunately, more common than we care to acknowledge. The parent may do it out of anger, may be violating Court Orders, or may honestly feel they are doing right by the child [ren]. Regardless, that parent is not doing what is in the best interest of the child [ren] or respecting your legal or parental rights. The Courts do not view such conduct favorably.

Our Law Firm understands the unthinkable loss you are going through. Attorney B J Fadem has 29 years’ experience in Family Law and understands the procedures and process regarding Removal of the Child[ren] i.e., Child Abduction. We will pursue every avenue to reunite you with your child.

Common questions regarding Removal of Child [ren]:

What does the Court consider Child Abduction?
In violation of Custody and/or Visitation Orders, 1 parent changes the residence of the minor child (ren) and keeps the child (ren) from the other parent. Or – before any custody orders can issue – a parent conceals a child from the other parent.

Are there criminal penalties I can file against the other parent?

It depends on the circumstances of the Removal of the Child [ren]. However, if Criminal Defense is necessary we are prepared for it.

Can I move out of the State with my child (ren)?

Depends on many factors.

Child Abduction/Removal of Child Interstate – This is not Hague.

Will another State enforce a Custody Order from California?

Yes. Every State within the United States must give ‘full faith and credit’ to Orders issued by the State of ‘proper jurisdiction’. However, often the order needs to be registered with the State.

What can I do to prevent Child Abduction from California?

Under certain circumstances where there is a high risk of abduction, the Court may issue a Restraining Order.

Can your Law Firm file our Legal documents and/or represent me in any County?

Yes. We can file in all California Counties and cities, including but not limited to: Alameda County, Alpine County, Amador County, Butte County, Calaveras County, Colusa County, Contra Costa County, Del Norte County, El Dorado County, Fresno County, Glenn County, Humbolt County, Inyo County, King County, Lake County, Lassen County, Madera County, Marin County, Mariposa County, Mendocino County, Merced County, Modoc County, Mono County, Monterey County, Napa County, Nevada County, Placer County, Plumas County, Sacramento County, San Benito County, San Francisco County, San Joaquin County, San Mateo County, Santa Clara County, Santa Cruz County, Shasta County, Sierra County, Siskiyou County, Solano County, Sonoma County, Stanislaus County, Sutter County, Tehama County, Trinity County, Tulare County, Tuolumne County, Yolo County, and Yuba County. In addition, B J Fadem has represented hundreds of clients throughout California, the United States and foreign countries [with regard to Hague matters].

Seeking sound legal counsel with regard to to a Child Abduction is a very important decision. Making the wrong or uninformed decision could cost you your family. Helping families is what Attorney B J Fadem does.

Our Attorneys are skilled at helping clients with Child Abduction legal issues and making the process as civil and polite as possible. We hope that your case will go to Mediation first or to a Settlement Conference. This will save you both time and money. However, if the Opposing Side does not hold these ideals in high regard, we will be prepared to litigate at trial.

Your issue may be time sensitive.

Please contact our office to set-up your Initial Consultation.

Please read the FAQs prior to your Initial Consultation.

Se habla Espanola

‘It just takes a call’